The new facility, North Star Raceway @ Strathmore Motorsport
Park, is located in the Town limits of Strathmore, a 30 minute
drive East of Calgary City limits.
Construction began in July 2014 and was completed by Mid October
of the same year. The track is 9m wide and 1225m long. Asphalt
used was City "B" mix. The new track has approximately
10m of elevation, rising and falling around a very exciting 14
turn technical layout. Excellent spectator sightlines will allow
fans to see much more of the racing action. Future paved joiners
between corners will allow multiple track configurations for added
excitement. The first CKRC Race was held on May 31, 2015.
While most of the Track and Pre-Grid area have been built by
North Star Contracting, there are many opportunities for volunteer
work finishing the rest of the facility.
In 2015 we completed:
• Bundled more tires for use as safety barriers
• Landscaped the verges of the track to ensure smooth runoff
• Upgraded marshal posts for wind and weatherproofing
• Built a functional paddock area
• Installed a 3-section grandstand
Future phases will include:
• Potentially building a dirt oval track or developing
another area for another motorsport interest group
• Installing a new electronic gate pass system and other
Full track construction updates can be found in the New
Previous Facility (Varsity Speed Park)
Varsity Chrysler Speed Park was located in the southwest corner
of Race City Motorsports Park and closed in October of 2013. The
circuit measured 1.1 kms in length and 9 meters wide. A variety
of configurations to provided challenging racing for the multitudes
of racers who used the facility over it's life.