The new facility, North Star Raceway @ Strathmore Motorsport
Park is located in the Town limits of Strathmore, a 30 minute
drive East of the City limits.
Construction began in July and was completed by Mid October.
The track is between 8 and 9m wide and nearly 1225m long. Asphalt
was City "B" mix. The new track has approximately 10m
of elevation, rising and falling around a very exciting 14 turn
technical layout. Excellent spectator sightlines will allow fans
to see much more of the racing action. Future paved joiners between
corners will allow multiple track configurations for added excitement.
Our racing season will start in May 2015.
While most of the Track and Pre-Grid area have been built by
North Star Contracting, there are many opportunities for volunteer
work building the rest of the facility.
In 2015 we will:
• Bundle more tires for use as safety barriers
• Landscape the verges of the track to ensure smooth runoff
• Install timing equipment and score boards
• Prepare a base and install the grandstands
• Place tire safety walls
• Upgrade marshal posts for wind and weatherproofing
• Build a functional paddock area
All of which will give us a functioning race track, the
next phases should include:
• Completing and paving runners in the paddock area
• Potentially building a dirt oval track or developing
another area for another motorsport interest group
• Installing a new electronic gate pass system and other
• Completing an offroad area adjacent to the track for
Full track construction updates can be found in the New
Previous Facility (Varsity Speed Park)
Varsity Chrysler Speed Park was located in the southwest corner
of Race City Motorsports Park and closed in October of 2013. The
circuit measured 1.1 kms in length and 9 meters wide. A variety
of configurations to provided challenging racing for the multitudes
of racers who used the facility over it's life.