Beginner Briggs Qs

This is the place for general conversations related to karting.
Forum rules
The forums are a place for open discussion of karting topics. Please respect the opinions of others. No name calling, abuse, bashing etc. of any sort will be tolerated and offending posts will be removed and offenders sanctioned at the discretion of the webmaster or the executive. All posted materials, text, etc. become the property of the CKRC and may be displayed or removed at the discretion of the CKRC.
tay
First Name: tay
Last Name: v
City/Town: Calgary

Beginner Briggs Qs

Post by tay »

I’m looking to buy a used Senior Briggs kart to get into racing and noticed some comments on this site about a new carb requirement.

How do I tell if a used kart has the new style carb? If I have to swap in a new one what’s the approx cost and do you need to do any additional tuning after swapping? Thanks

dvelpel
First Name: Dan
Last Name: Velpel

Re: Beginner Briggs Qs

Post by dvelpel »

Afternoon,
The easy way to determine this is if the BS logo or Walbro is stamped on the carb.

On page #9
"The B&S stock carburetor part #555658 is the only carburetor permitted.
‘Walbro’, ‘Briggs’ diamond logo and/or #590890 etched in the body are
additional visual indicators"
https://ckrc.com/wp-content/uploads/202 ... _final.pdf

a bit self promoting, I do have a kart listed in the classifieds for sale that does have a legal carb.

tay
First Name: tay
Last Name: v

Post by tay »

Thanks I’ll check that out

phil
First Name: phil
Last Name: haggerty
City/Town: high river

Post by phil »

The proper stampings doesn't guarantee it's the right carb. Our driver got dq"d with one with the Brigg's logo, as well as the 590890 number, but the bore dimensions have changed internally.