2022 race directions

This is the place for general conversations related to karting.
Forum rules
The forums are a place for open discussion of karting topics. Please respect the opinions of others. No name calling, abuse, bashing etc. of any sort will be tolerated and offending posts will be removed and offenders sanctioned at the discretion of the webmaster or the executive. All posted materials, text, etc. become the property of the CKRC and may be displayed or removed at the discretion of the CKRC.
Jen and Don
First Name: Jennifer
Last Name: Cheung
City/Town: Sundre

Re: 2022 race directions

Post by Jen and Don »

I agree with Jack about the higher chance for more serious incidents in the CW direction. I also agree with the comment about doing that direction after everyone has put in laps and races in the CCW direction and have become a little more "switched on" as the season progresses. We get an amazing prospective from where our seacan sits, to see the speeds they are doing down the straight and braking for the sharp right hander. Sometimes hard for us to watch even when our own son isn't out there! In the CW direction, the sprint for the finish line has produced some scarey situations in the past and with a marshall post on each side, there is little forgiveness. I think it was our first year (2018) when I seen two karts come together as they were racing for the checkered flag , only to have one go across the finish line backwards. ( definitely a little less forgiving for rookies)

I can only speak for me as a spectator, and have very little knowledge as far as what chassis damage either direction causes. I will ask Carter tonight what his thoughts are but for those of you that know him, he can be a man of few words. :lol:

Don

sanguinetti
First Name: Brendon
Last Name: Sanguinetti
City/Town: Calgary

Post by sanguinetti »

I'm not a fan of the Stooges, all the reasons above. In favor of the season starting in CCW and then 60/40 for CW.

Sheriff525
First Name: Lane
Last Name: Trim
City/Town: Calgary

Post by Sheriff525 »

I would have to agree with all the comments that have been shared so far. I remember coming to watch the races in 2019 and "tic tac toe" was causing havoc that weekend with chains coming off and wipe outs. It was fun to watch but not good for racing.

I like CCW the best because the bumps are not so bad. CW caused me to lose two chains this year. One of those times allowed my brother to beat me....we cant have that in 2022, or ever.

CCW 60/ 40 CW is my preference but I am happy with how things have been the past few years.
Lane Trim #93 - Briggs Masters
Team Trim Racing