Page 1 of 1

Essential spares and Toolbox contents 2026

Posted: Sat Sep 05, 2026 12:45 pm
by Youngy_88
Hey all, I’ve been reading through the forum but it’s also been a minute since any new content has been added.

Chasing everyone’s opinions/recommendations on essential spares and toolbox must haves for a Briggs masters driver to have with them at all times.

Re: Essential spares and Toolbox contents 2026

Posted: Sat Sep 05, 2026 1:13 pm
by Tjfast
A full set of metric allen tools. I prefer the T handle style.
Full set of metric wrenches
A nice large rubber mallet.
Nice tire gauge

That would be more general, been a while since i ran briggs. Maybe the briggs folk can have specific items.

Re: Essential spares and Toolbox contents 2026

Posted: Sat Sep 05, 2026 5:58 pm
by Jackmazury
I would add screwdrivers and a socket set to that list as well. The sockets make a lot of jobs easier. Briggs uses a smaller spark plug than most socket sets account for, I would get the correctly sized socket for that.

Add feeler gauges if you are confident doing valves and such.

Re: Essential spares and Toolbox contents 2026

Posted: Mon Oct 05, 2026 2:14 pm
by Mark
Spare chain
spare clutch (or at least the gear).
spare number plate(s) with your number on it/them
spare throttle cable
spare spark plug